Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, December 25, 2010

You're Not Alone

John 10:4

When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Good morning little Zebras,

I had no intention of writing to you today, but it has already been established that my intentions and God’s are not always the same.

Before I wander off to make breakfast for my family, I felt I had to drop you a quick note.

We have so many ways to communicate with one another. We can text, we can tweet, we can e-mail, or we call, but we still haven’t been able to do what God has always been able to do, which is speak to our hearts.

Twice this month I wanted to talk to my kids but I didn’t have a way to do it. Once they had forgotten to bring their phones, and once they were at school where phones are not allowed. Both times I prayed and asked God to tell them to call me and they did.

You might think it was just a coincidence, or luck, but I know better. I know my God who lives within the hearts of my children prompted them to pick up the phone and call me.

This morning God has prompted me to “call you.” He wanted to tell you that even if you’re alone, you’re not. He is there with you and although it may not feel like it, it’s true.

He also wanted me to tell all those Zebras who are surrounded by people who don’t “get it,” (family and friends who think you’ve gotten just a little “too religious,”) that you are not alone either. You have Zebras sisters all over the country who understand.

Today of all days should be a day of joy and peace for those of us who love and follow Christ. Don’t let Satan steal it away from you. Listen to God and believe what’s really true.

For those of you reading this who are fortunate enough to have a family who loves the Lord, who have been able to spend the day just as you wanted, please take a minute to stop and pray for your Zebra sisters who are less fortunate.

Please pray they are encouraged and strengthened.

Pray God speaks to them as only He can and pray they realize they’re not alone.

Understanding that is the true heart of this ministry.

Much love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment