Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, December 16, 2010

For God

Matthew 6:1

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.”

Good morning Zebras,

I told my husband last night that I probably didn’t need to write to you today. Most people are so busy getting ready for Christmas they don’t have time to sit and read z-mails. He agreed but God didn’t.

This morning during my quiet time I was thinking about the fact that I didn’t have to write to you and planning what to do with the extra time when God decided to have a chat with me. “Who exactly are you writing for Jill? Are you writing for them or are you writing for Me?”

Of course the answer is both, but primarily I am writing for God. I am writing because God has told me to and although sometimes that makes me feel a little crazy I know I still have to obey. So even if not a single Zebra has the time to read this today it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I have been obedient to God and I have done what He has asked of me.

One of my biggest struggles in life is remembering that I am not here to please men (or women) but to please God. He created me, He owns me, and He is the one who has the ability to provide for me and bless me. Pleasing Him is way more important than pleasing men.

In the Old Testament Saul learned that lesson the hard way. He let the behavior of the people affect his actions and it cost him his kingdom. God removed him from the throne and replaced him with David. Why did Saul give in to the people? Because Samuel, the prophet, was late. Saul needed Samuel to make the offering to God but he wasn’t there so Saul did it himself. And God was not pleased.

Of course since God is sovereign and in control we know Samuel was not really late, he arrived just when God wanted him to because God was testing Saul. He failed.

God does not change His instructions to us based upon the behavior of others. He tells us what he wants us to do and He expects us to do it. Period!

So, here’s today’s z-mail and if no one reads it that’s okay because I didn’t really write it for you I wrote it for God and He always checks His e-mails.

Love,
Jill

1 comment: