Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reestablishing Faith

Romans 8:28 (NIV)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday was a processing day. So much happened at retreat that I needed a day to rest and reflect, but this morning I woke up ready to go.

The first thing I did was my quiet time and I started peppering God with questions again. “What’s next? Where are we going from here? Was that it? One retreat and I’m done? Do I need to go back to teaching?”...etc.

Then I read Oswald Chambers. “How much time have we wasted asking God senseless questions while we should be free to concentrate on our service to Him?”

At retreat God showed me how much time and energy I waste trying to figure out what He is going to do. Like Abraham, I believe God’s promises enough to obey but I’m not sure how He is going to accomplish them, so I spend a lot of time coming up with possible solutions. Instead of just trusting that God will do what God has said He will do, I worry and fret and try to “figure God out.”

Of course you can never figure out God. If we could He wouldn’t be God.

One time, many years ago God “let me down.” I asked Him for something and He didn’t answer my prayer the way I expected. So I decided He wasn’t trustworthy and I walked away. I didn’t give Him a chance to reveal His plan for me I just decided I was done.

This weekend God showed me I should have waited.

God has promised to love us and take care of us and to work everything out for our good. He hasn’t promised us an easy road, because easy roads don’t grow faith.

Love,
Jill










No comments:

Post a Comment