Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, January 24, 2011

Walk of Faith

James 2:14, 20-22

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?...You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Good morning Zebras,

I didn’t write last week because I was preparing for retreat and God gave me permission to take the week off. I actually wasn’t sure I was going to be writing anymore but God confirmed this weekend that encouraging Christian women to live “outside the boat” and hang together for protection is what He has called me to do.

The topic of the weekend was “Pursuing God” so we looked at four men whose lives exemplified what it means to pursue God; Abraham, Moses, David and Paul.

To be honest I didn’t want to teach about Abraham. He wasn’t one of my favorites, but I really felt God telling me that I needed to start with him. And I am so glad I did. Because preparing for retreat became my own personal walk of faith and Abraham became my best friend.

People like to discuss how Abraham felt as he walked up that mountain, was he confident, was he afraid? We really don’t know because the Bible doesn’t say. It just says that he went. And I think that is because that is what is most important.

God could have provided the ram before Abraham went up the mountain. He could have provided it on the journey up. Or He could have provided it the moment Abraham tied Isaac down. But He didn’t. He waited until Abraham took the knife to slay his son.

God does not provide the miraculous until it is really needed.

This weekend I drove up a mountain in fear and trembling praying God would provide a miracle, and He did, at the last minute, on the last day, as only He can.

Saying you believe God is faithful is easy, acting like you believe it is true is a whole lot harder.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment