Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

God morning Zebras,

One more trash story. 

The reason Gary and I have so much trash is because God has given us the directive to prepare the house for ministry.  With that in mind we are going through every room, looking at everything through “God’s eyes” and getting rid of anything that can’t be used for His glory.    

Which means we need to get rid of anything that was a past obsession, as well as anything that has served its purpose and needs to be passed on.  He is telling us that to be ready to embrace what’s next we need to get rid of “what was.”

But since He gave us all this stuff, we also have the obligation to get rid of it in the way that honors Him.

On Sunday, I found something that I knew I should shred, but I was lazy so I balled it up and threw it in the trash.  Of course, God gave me no peace about the situation until I went outside yesterday and dug it out of the trash.     

If God gives me no peace until I dispose of trash in a way that honors Him, why do we think we will ever have peace until we treat with the honor and respect the greatest gift God has given us which is gift of the Holy Spirit?

2 Timothy 1:6–7 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

We could have everything, the power of the living God directing and guiding our every step, watching over us, protecting us, providing for our every need, but instead we settle for baubles and trinkets and the dubious honor of independently providing for ourselves.

American’s are proud people, stuff rich and Spirit poor and that isn’t going to change until we change what we value.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment