Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Recently God as shown me there are two types of Obedience. 

The first type is the kind offered to the Israelites.  Obey Me and I will bless you.

Deuteronomy 6:3 Hear, O Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your fathers, promised you.

The second type is the obedience that is modeled by Jesus and the Disciples.  Obedience that resulted in suffering for them but blessings for others. 

Acts 20:24 However, I (Paul) consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.

There is a difference between obeying because God will bless you or the people you love and/or for the praise of men and obeying because your obedience will please God, bless others and possibly make your life worse.   

Acts 9:15–16 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

God called Paul and told him he would suffer, I think that may be the teaching we are missing.  Following Jesus is wonderful but the joy is not really related to the things of the world. It is related to having a clear conscious before God and the constant awareness of being used by the Holy Spirit.
You don’t need the Holy Spirit to obey when you benefit, even nonbelievers can do that. But that really isn’t the job description. The job is to obey as Jesus did. (Honestly, there are so many supporting verses for that thought, it was impossible to pick one.)
I love you Zebras, may God give us all hearts to obey not for what we can get, but for the greater joy of being used. This world is not our home-let’s act like it.
Love,
Jill 

No comments:

Post a Comment