Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you.

Years ago, God had me wrestle with a disturbing truth.  Can Satan use believers to discourage others from doing what God has called them to do?  Unfortunately, the answer is “Yes.”

Matthew 16:22–23: And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you.” But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

People who have in mind the things of men often come in conflict with people who have in mind the things of God.

Acts 21:11–14: Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jews of Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’” When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, “The Lord’s will be done. ”

Men will tell you to be practical and validate your desire to consider your own needs, but God will tell you that you can walk on water and the only person you need to be concerned about is Him.  He will also tell you, you can’t do both.

Galatians 1:10: “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

1 Corinthians 4:2–4: “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.”

If you want to live a life like Paul’s, a life that honors God and impacts others with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, shaking free of the opinions and advice of men is the first thing you must do.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment