Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bigger Than We Know

Psalm 8:3–9 (ESV)

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?

Good morning Zebras,

I love it when God “connects the dots.” When He takes a whole bunch of pieces and brings them all together into a crystal clear epiphany of something that you thought you understood, but now realize you didn’t.

Psalm 19:1 says, “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork”. When I began my quest to grow in my understanding of God I knew that contemplating His creation would be part of the journey.

I started taking walks and purposefully looking at trees, flowers and stars and I would consciously think “God made these.” But these efforts only increased my understanding a little. They did not produce the awe I knew I should feel.

Recently God showed me that it was because my view was too small.

God’s creation does not end on this earth, or even with our galaxy. As far as we know God’s creation goes on into infinity and contains things that we have not even discovered. It is not just flowers and tree, it is space and time. Before God chose to create, there was nothing.

Pondering on that for a while greatly increased my view of God, and it also raised a few questions. Why would God create so much? He could have just created us, the earth and black space. He didn’t need to provide the sun or moon or stars. He could have done it any way He chose. He could have made it a lot simpler.

So then you have to wonder why the “big display?”

Because the sheer magnitude of Creation, shows us the greatness of God, if we could discover all that God had created we would think we were somehow equal to God. But we aren’t and yet of all of His creations He loves us best.

And if that doesn’t make you feel special I don’t know what will.

Have a great day little Zebras.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment