Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Touching Jesus

Mark 5:34 (ESV)


And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday morning I woke up tired, tired of trying to understand God, tired of being different, tired of swimming against the culture, just tired. I felt like those people I have read about in books who have trudged through the snow persevering until they get so tired and weary all they want to do is lay down. So I went back to bed.


But as I was lying there God reminded me that the people who lay down in the snow often die and I started thinking about the women I had just read about in Mark.


Most of us know this story. A woman had been bleeding for twelve years. The Bible says she had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus she knew if she could just touch His clothes she would be healed.


So she pushed her way through the crowd and touched His garment.


I have no idea how big the crowd was, the Bible doesn’t say. However crowds often prevented Jesus from eating, forced Him to get into boats, and caused the disciples to fear for His life, so I am assuming it was large and pushing through it wasn’t easy.


But push she did and she was rewarded for her effort. The NIV says not only was she healed she was freed from her suffering.


Everywhere I look I see women suffering. Some do it publicly, some do it  privately, some are suffering from physical ailments, maybe even more from emotional ones, and, at times, all of us want to give up. But we can’t because if we do, like the hikers in the snow, we will “die” and depression instead of joy will become our constant companion.


Instead we need to remember this woman and push on, against all odds, and all obstacles, with faith believing that if we can only get to Jesus we will be healed.

And encourage others to do the same.


Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this really got me today. I needed to hear these words. Thank you for the encouragement that these blog posts have provided for me. In Christ, Jordan Miller

    ReplyDelete