Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Walking Straight

Romans 7:15 (ESV)

For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Good morning Zebras,

I believe the best way to walk through life is with our focus upward towards God, but recently He has given me something to think about even when I look down.

My whole life I have walked with my toes slightly pointed outwards. I never really thought it was a problem until I made friends with a personal trainer. She told me it was bad for my hips to walk with my toes pointed out so she gave me some exercises to strengthen my inner thighs.

She said if I strengthened my inner thighs and consciously walked with my toes pointed forward eventually I would retrain the muscles in my legs and walk correctly.

Well, I did the exercises for a while and I watched my toes, for a while, but nothing seemed to change. My toes never naturally pointed forward and if I took my eyes off of them for a minute they would be right back where they always were, pointed outwards.

Finally I just gave up because it just seemed like a lot of work for nothing.

Then I had my hip replaced and now the foot on that leg goes straight. I don’t have to think about it, I don’t have to work on it, it just naturally points forward. All those exercises to change my walk didn’t help because what I really needed was a new hip.

I needed an internal change that would have external results.

All my work to change the behavior was useless until God changed the source of the problem. And now I have a great reminder that God not only has the power to change my circumstances He has the power to change my heart.

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I actually just taught a lesson along those lines at my ladies bible study and this is a perfect example!

    ReplyDelete