Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dry Lips

Joshua 1:9 (ESV)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Good morning Zebras,

Today’s z-mail is not for the squeamish, nor do I recommend you try this at home.

Tuesday I went for a walk. I hadn’t gotten too far when I realized I had dry lips and I wished I had brought my ChapStick. Five steps later there was one lying on the sidewalk.

“That’s strange,” I thought, “I want a ChapStick and one shows up.”

Now everyone knows you don’t pick things up off the street, so I just walked right on past. But then I started thinking. “Maybe God put that ChapStick there for me to use. Maybe it is a new ChapStick. Need to go back and look.” So I did.

The ChapStick wasn’t new, but it hadn’t been used very much and it looked nice and clean so I decided to cut the top off and use my finger to put some on my lips.

Immediately my lips felt better, but my brain didn’t. “What did you just do?” it screamed, “You picked up a ChapStick off the GROUND and used it! You have no idea who used that ChapStick; you could get sick and die.”

“But it was from God,” I protested, “He can easily protect me from germs.”

“You are turning into a wacko,” my brain replied.

Needless to say it was a very long walk.

I was almost home when I decided I couldn’t take it anymore, so I called my husband to ask him if I was going to die. When he didn’t answer I wiped the ChapStick off.

As soon as I did he called back and told me it was fine. Germs can’t get through paraffin and as long as I had removed the top layers I was good. But by that time I had dry lips again because I had wiped it off out of fear,

So here are my lessons: God hears you and will provide what you need. It may not be exactly what you expect, God’s answers seldom are. But have faith and keep your eyes open for the answer. And, once you have committed yourself to a course of action do not change your mind out of fear. It will only rob you of the blessing.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment