Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Good evening Zebras,

There was no post this morning because my computer fell down the stairs and broke.  It’s a very long story but suffice it to say, God very clearly told me if I don’t share what He has told me to share, I won’t be sharing anything at all.

Yesterday I told you the theme for Christmas is “Give Thanks,” today I’m supposed to share the “Welcome!” letter I plan to hand out at the first meal. 

Love,
Jill

Thank you all for coming.

It is our hope that God is going to use this house as a place where His people can come and rest in His presence.  So, it is only right that the first “event” be for the people that we love most, our family.

We have hosted many Christmases at this house, it’s our prayer this is not just another one, but a time where the love of God will so penetrate your soul that you’ll go away from here forever changed.

Biblically, we know change is possible.  And that’s also the message of “The Christmas Carol.”   But the first step in both cases is a desire to change.  A desire to live life differently. A desire to live a life with God.

Romans 10:9 “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

Then God’s Spirit will give you the power to live differently, to love as you are loved, serve as you have been served, and forgive as you have been forgiven.  The impossible becomes possible with God.

Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

And if you already honor Jesus as Lord, God still has something for you.

Moses once asked God to reveal more of His glory, so he could be encouraged and empowered to continue the work God had given him to do.  And we can do the same. 

Exodus 33:13, 18: “If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know You and continue to find favor with You” … “Please (Lord) show me Your glory.”

We never get to the point where we have enough of God, we need to be always striving for more and if it is your heart’s desire to see more of God, He will come.

We love you all and pray these next three days will be the best Christmas of your lives.

Love,

Gary and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment