Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, December 4, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

As I shared, my mind has turned to the upcoming Christmas Event I am hosting at my house.  Since we are electronically “walking together”, and if you were here, I would be sharing these ideas with you, I’ve decide to share as God leads, just in case you want to use any of the ideas yourself.  So... here’s what I’m up to

The whole event will go under the banner of “Give Thanks.”  The 24th will be “Give Thanks for Jesus,” the 25th “Give Thanks for God’s Material Blessings,” and the 26th is “Give Thanks for Family and Friends and the Unifying Power of the Holy Spirit.”

In my mind the 26th is the most important day, at least for the believer’s who are coming.  People are thankful for Jesus, and they are thankful for the things He gives us, but there is a huge blind spot when it comes to understanding the Holy Spirit.

When I was first saved, back in 1981, I had a few encounters with the Holy Spirit, but since no one really talked about Him, or explained what it meant to be filled with the Spirit, and therefore required to live a life that honored Him, I drifted away and the Spirit inside me was quenched.

I didn’t run into Him again until 2012.  It took years to battle my way back to where I was when I first believed because I had to throw out what I had been “taught”, and read what the Word said. 

Revelation 2:1–5 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands: I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.  You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.  Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

God does not want a bunch of busy little workers, who go to church every Sunday and tithe the correct amount.  He wants a bunch of people so madly in love with Him that they desire to be in His presence all the time.  People who know that the Spirit is quenched when we ignore God.  People who are willing to do anything, give up anything, say anything to remain in the presence and power of God.

I love you Zebras, praying for all our sakes, that this is not just another Christmas.

Love,

Jill


P.S. And I can hardly wait to see how everyone reacts when I ask them to sing “Give Thanks” at the opening tea! Hahahah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment