Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, December 15, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for my health, I woke up this morning and my throat and ears are back to normal.  From raw meat to regular overnight feels miraculous, so I know someone prayed. 

Luke 8:45–46 And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.”

And if you read the post and didn’t say a prayer, don’t feel bad.  One thing God has taught me about prayer over the last few years is it works best when He is the one who tells us what to pray.

Oswald’s thoughts on intercessory prayer:

“People describe intercession by saying ‘It is putting yourself in someone’s else’s place.’  That is not true! Intercession is putting yourself in God’s place; it is having His mind and His perspective…Our work is to be in such close contact with God that we may have His mind about everything, but we shirk that responsibility by substituting doing for interceding. And yet intercession is the only thing that has no drawbacks, because it keeps our relationship completely open with God.”

After years of doing ministry, of fussing and fighting about things that really didn’t matter, I finally got to the end of myself, and realized the best thing I could do for the kingdom of God was pray. 

Ephesians 6:16–18 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints

I love you Zebras, do not let the enemy distract you with the “rulers” and people of this world. If you look past them you will see the real battle is a spiritual one, between the power of darkness and light.

And although we don’t all have to be praying and "doing" the exact same things, we should all be praying and "doing" exactly as God leads.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment