Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I’ve been battling a virus since Sunday. It came with a killer sore throat, the kind that hurts so bad you can feel it in your ears.  So, for the last few days I have been overly aware of my ears and spoken only when necessary.

My head feels like an object lesson reminding me to “be quick to hear, slow to speak.”

James 1:19a: Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak

One of the things I learned when Katherine went to Moody was this verse is not talking about how we should interact with one another, but how we should interact with God.  Logos lists Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 as supporting verses for James.

Ecclesiastes 5:1–2 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.  Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth.  Therefore, let your words be few.

Sometimes I find it difficult to hear God through all the hubbub of the season, but my sore ears are serving as a reminder to keep searching for the still small voice of God.     

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment