Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, December 8, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Nancy’s Tozer quote the other day prompted me to the buy “The Crucified Life,” a Tozer book I hadn't read yet.  Gary decided to read it as well and we were both struck by the introduction to the chapter titled: “The Loneliness of the Crucified Life.”

“The man who wrote Psalm 27 was David, David sought after God because he knew that “they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.’ (Ps 34:10). He said, ‘My soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land’ (Ps 143:6).  Further, David said, ‘Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation… My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him’ (Ps 62:1-5).  David also said, ‘O God, thou are my God; early I will see thee; my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is’ (Ps 63:1).  David continually says, ‘My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand doth upholdeth me’ (Ps 63:8).

That is the language of the man David. You will find this same tone going back to Abraham and reaching all the way through the Old Testament. Today we seek God and stop searching, whereas the early saints sought God, found Him and continued to seek more of Him.”

That hunger for God is what I see missing in God’s people.  We hunger for so many things, but not for Him. 

The quote that hangs on the wall of my office, right beside my “Be Still and Know God” plaque is “what consumes your mind, control your life.”

The saints of God were consumed by God and God controlled their lives. What my friend is consuming you?  If it is anything other than the LORD Himself kick it to the curb.

I love you Zebras, none of us should settle for living anything less than the crucified life of Christ. 


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment