Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, September 28, 2009

10,000 Strong

Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints

Dear Zebras,

Paul wrote this to the Ephesians and it is one of the last verses in the section of scripture that we refer to as “the Armor of God.” I never knew it was there until I went to camp this summer and had to memorize Ephesians 6:10-20. That’s interesting, I thought, after you put on your own personal armor you should pray for the saints. And I didn’t give it another thought until today.

Last week I went shopping at a teacher’s store and I found a really cute poster of a mother zebra and her foal. When I brought it home my son, Nick, started reading the facts that were written on the back. “Did you know,” he said “zebras graze in herds up to ten thousand?”

Ten thousand-Wow-that’s a lot of zebras.

Then I started thinking about it. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a herd of ten thousand Zebras, ten thousand women who really loved the Lord? That would be SO awesome!

Everyday I pray for the Zebras. I pray for “the herd” and I pray for individual Zebras that God brings to my mind. I pray while I am driving, doing dishes, folding laundry, making dinner. I try to pray whenever I am doing a “mindless” task, because I find it keeps me out of trouble.

Maybe that is what Paul was talking about.

Dear Lord, watch over all the Zebras today, those women who love you with all their heart who desire to follow after you. Help them today to know how much You love them and desire the best for them. Help them to have wisdom in all situations and to be able to overcome the temptations of the evil one. Dear Lord, I know they are so precious in Your sight, let them be kind to themselves and see themselves as you see them, loved and worthy. Lord, I pray that You would watch over them and direct their paths, helping them in the areas where they struggle. I pray that they would remember to look up when they are afraid, or scared, or overwhelmed, and they strive to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the prayers Jill! I can't wait to meet with the herd!

    ReplyDelete