Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Partial Obedience

Good morning ladies.

Last night, before I went to bed, I told the kids to straighten up the house before they went to bed themselves. This morning, when I woke up and it had not been done.

When I talked to the kids, they pointed out things that they had done, a pillow put away, a blanket folded. Unfortunately for them their partial obedience didn’t really show.

They both apologized, but the heart of the matter is that pleasing me is not their primary motivator in life.

Katherine disagrees; she says that making good grades in school is driven by a desire to please me.

Now, I think getting good grades in school is important, and I always want them to do their best, but I have never said that I expected straight A’s.

Katherine wants straight A’s and works to get them. She is doing something for herself that she honestly believes she is doing for me.

How often do we do that with God?

We either partially obey or we give to God something that He never asked for.

God has asked that we love and obey Him, that we spend time with Him, that we worship and adore Him.

He has not asked that we run around like a chicken with our head cut off doing fifteen million things and being distracted by the world.

Today put down that book, turn off the electronics, quit cleaning, quit talking, skip lunch if you must, and spend some time doing what God thinks is most important.

Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "You are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment