Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gary's Big Job

James 1:16-17
Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday Gary’s company won a big project. Gary came home very excited about it. Starting tomorrow there was going to be a flurry of activity, including some evening meetings to iron out the details, so Gary said he wouldn’t be able to make it to Awana on Thursday night.

I thought, that's a funny way to thank God.

This morning they ran in to some difficulties and they might not get the job after all.


When I first became a Christian, I was so excited about the Lord that I wanted to do something to show Him how very much I loved him, so I decided to get my eating under control.

What I didn’t know then was that victory over sin was not something I was doing for God but something He was doing for me.

I was ecstatic when I started losing weight. People would ask me, “How are you doing it?” and I would enthusiastically tell them all about God. Not the response they expected, but I didn’t care. I knew the reason I was losing weight, and it didn’t have anything to do with portion control or exercise.

Then a interesting thing happened men started noticing me. Now I have always been “fluffy” and not very popular in school. I never had a date in high school, so men paying attention to me was a new and exciting experience. My focus turned away from God.

That was a funny way to thank God.

God had given me a gift, a blessing if you will, and I let it distract me from my walk and some hard years followed, years that would’ve been different had I kept my eyes on Christ.

People say they can tell a person’s faith by how they walk through trials, which is true. But you can also tell a person’s faith by how they handle the blessings God gives them.


Have a wonderful day filled with blessings that only bring you closer to Christ.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment