Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, September 14, 2009

New Food

Good morning ladies,

A few weeks ago I started feeling sorry for my dogs. Everyday, at every meal they have to eat the same old thing. It was good for them, it had all the necessary vitamins, but I decided they had to be bored and I started buying a variety of dog food to “spice” up their lives.

At first they seemed rather excited about the new food. Then they started getting picky. Certain food they liked certain food they would leave in their bowl. I became obsessed about finding the perfect food.

This morning I decided to go back to feeding them the original food, the stuff the vet recommended and they loved it.

They know what’s good for them.

I woke up tired this morning. You would think after a “day of rest” I would be refreshed and ready to go.

But the truth is I wasn’t.

Yesterday was a great day, filled with a lot of wonderful things, church, Awana meeting, leadership meeting and the Truth Project. All actives centered on God-but they are not God.

There is no substitute for reading God’s word and spending time alone with God in prayer and meditation. It is my life blood. It is what sustains me. It is what allows me to do His work.

Maybe it is because I am old, but I don’t need a lot of variety in my life anymore. I almost resent activities that take my focus away from God. I don’t have any other hobbies or passions. I just have God everyday.

Some people think it is boring, but I have found what is good for me, and it is enough.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment