Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't Look Back

Philippians 3:12-14 (NLT)
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Good morning ladies,

I have a really busy day ahead of me, but I didn’t want to skip sending you an e-mail so I decided I would cheat. I would send you an old e-mail, probably one you had forgotten. I mean cartoonists rerun their comic strips all the time.

But as I was looking through the old e-mails, I realized that none of them were suitable. They were too personal to my life on the day that they were written.

And then these verses came to mind.

“Jill,” God said, “you are not to look back at what I taught you yesterday, nor are you to think about what I am going to teach you tomorrow, you are to get up this day and learn what I have for you today. And then go share it with the Zebras.”

So ladies, here is your encouragement for the day; God has something for you to learn today, something that He wants to say to you specifically, but you will never know what it is unless you spend time in His word and prayer.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment