Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, September 21, 2009

Dog lover

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Good morning ladies,

I am not a dog person.

I did not have a dog when I was growing up. I heard my brother had a dog when I was a baby which bit me and my dad let me keep a stray dog for a very short time before it was hit and killed by the ice cream truck, but basically you could say I never really had a dog. But I liked them.

Then I became a letter carrier, a mailman if you will, and I learned to fear dogs. All those stories you hear about mailmen and dogs are true.

When I started dating Gary, his family had dogs. At their house I would carry a rolled up newspaper with me at all times in case one of them suddenly attacked me. When you’ve been bitten, you tend to be wary.

After Gary and I got married he wanted a dog, so we got a Husky and a German Shepherd. The Husky was beautiful, but aloof and the German Shepherd was stupid, so it was not a great dog experience.

Eventually they both died and we got The-Huskies-From-Hell. That was a really BAD dog experience. They currently live in Tennessee.

Now we have The Moodles, and I can finally see why people like dogs.

Why didn’t I like dogs before? It was because all of my experiences had been bad.

Why don’t some people love and trust Christ? Maybe it is because all their experiences have been bad.

I think it is harder for women who have had a life of difficult circumstances to understand the love of God. But God is not defined by our personal circumstances; God is defined by His Word. That is why it is so important that we read it.

In there you will see that God loves you, that He uses everything for our good, that He can redeem the lost years, and that He will provide for you and care for you. In there you see the true nature of God and you will grow to love and trust Him.

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment