Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smell Like Jesus

Good afternoon ladies,

I just got home from subbing at the school. Gary is working at home today so he greeted me with a hug and a comment, “You smell good.”

Now this is not something I usually hear. It is not that I stink; I just never wear perfume, it irritates my nose. But before I left school I had hugged a teacher who wears a very distinctive perfume.

I didn’t smell good-I smelled like Mrs. Fine.

It made me think of something Daniel shared at church a couple of weeks ago. He said that he had a youth pastor who used to challenge them to spend so much time with Jesus that they would not only act like Him, they would smell like Him too.

Interesting, I thought, what would Jesus smell like?

People who have a lot of money, “smell like money” and people who have a lot of power “smell like power.” So, Jesus would probably smell like what He had a lot of.

What did Jesus have a lot of? Love, Jesus had a lot of love. So much that He was willing to die on the cross so that we could have a new life filled with love.

Ephesians 5:1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Go and spend some time with Jesus so that you can pass the aroma on to others.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment