Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chasing Christ

Hebrews 1:1-2
God’s Final Word: His Son

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Good morning Zebras,

I just love it when God shows me a new direction!

For the last year or so I have been focused on getting to know God the Father, the holy creator of Israel who deserves and demands our full obedience. And it has been a wonderful journey. Learning who the Father really is has been a transforming experience which has enabled me to put to rest a lot of questions and insecurities.

But recently God has shown me it is time to change direction. It is time to learn about the Son.

At retreat I didn’t really finish everything I wanted to talk about. It talked about Abraham, Moses and David but I really didn’t get to finish talking about Paul and now I think I know why.

Abraham, Moses and David were dealing with God before Jesus, not before Jesus existed because the Bible says that Jesus existed from the beginning, but before He walked on earth. They were all driven to do what they did by God the Father.

But Paul wasn’t. Paul wasn’t driven to change his whole life and give up everything because he saw the Father; he was driven to do what he did because he saw Jesus.

I have two friends who can’t even mention the name of Jesus without crying. They are so grateful for what He has done for them and for the relationship they have with Him that they are overwhelmed just thinking about it. I’m not like that.

I look and them and think “What am I missing?”

Now I know. What they have but I don’t is a deep understanding of who Jesus is.

God challenged me a year ago to learn to boast on Him. To be able to boast upon who He is not what He has done, to learn to boast upon His character and not just His blessings. Now He is asking me to do the same thing with Jesus. And I am excited.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment