Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, February 18, 2011

Well Done!

Matthew 25: 21a (NIV)

His master replied, “Well done, good and faithful servant!”

Good morning Zebras,

Isn’t today’s verse what most of us want to hear at the end of our lives? We want to get to heaven and have Jesus meet us and say that we have done a “good job.” Because of that I have started thinking of this as the “death verse.” The verse you want to hear when you die.

But ever since the retreat this verse has been running through my head. Jokingly, I told friends, “Maybe God is subtly trying to tell me my time is up….”

This morning during my quiet time I decided I needed to look the verse up and see what it actually said in context. Imagine my surprise to find out that this is not a “death” verse at all, but a wonderful verse to live your life by.

The verse is right in the middle of the parable of the loaned talents. Three servants were given different amounts of money before their master went off on a journey. Two of the servants invested what the master had given them. One chose to bury the money in the ground.

When the master returned he was pleased with the servants who had invested their talents. He greeted them with “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” And he threw the third servant out.

The master was not only pleased with what the faithful servants had done; he gave them more to do!

Isn’t that exciting?! It is to me! Because it tells me God wants to give me more to do. He wants to give me more time, more money, more abilities and more opportunities to serve Him; He is just waiting to see how I use what He has already given me.

Love,
Jill

1 comment: