Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God's Purpose

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Good morning Zebras,

Last night I went back to Bible Study Fellowship. I had stopped going a few years ago because I felt God leading me to start a women’s Bible study at my home church. I was working full time then and doing both plus running Awana was WAY too much. But since I am off this year, and BSF has a new study on Isaiah I decided to go back.

Many other people had the same idea and it was wonderful to see so many women there desiring to study God’s Word. It was a special treat to see so many old friends.

One woman who had been in my discussion group three years ago came running up to say hello. She wanted to thank me for all I had done for her. She said I‘d made a difference in her life. And I was shocked.

That year at BSF was one of the hardest ministry years I’d ever done. I wasn’t sure why God had me there and I had so much going on that quitting would have been easy.
But I didn’t because I knew I was supposed to stay.

And God blessed me because of it.

The study that year was Romans and although I didn’t understand everything at the time, it is a book I’ve returned to often. Understanding I am dead to sin; a new creature in Christ; and that there is NOTHING that can separate me from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ; are truths that have transformed my life.

They have become the building blocks upon which I stand. Truths I return to often that changed the way I think. None of which would have happened if I had quit. And I would not have had the privilege of being used by God to touch another person’s life.

God often puts us in difficult situations and gives us WAY more than we can handle. But He never gives us more than He can handle and He always has a purpose.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment