Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, September 3, 2010

Remember

Good morning Zebras,

I wasn’t going to write to you this morning. I was just going to use one of the really old z-mails that were written before I started posting them on the blog. But a funny thing happened as I read them, I encouraged myself. Or maybe I should say God used them to encourage me. He reminded me of a truth He taught me last year.


That's why I encourage people to journal. It helps us remember what we already know to be true and it reminds us of God's past faithfulness.


God commanded His children to remember but how often we still forget.

I hope you enjoy this "vintage" z-mail from August 2009.

Love,
Jill

Many things in my life are changing right now and today I was feeling unsettled because of it, so I looked up “hope” in my concordance and spent time reading about hope, especially in David’s Psalms.


My favorite was Psalm 25:1-3: To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.

David, as we all know had enemies, and when I read his Psalms I often skip over those lines thanking God that no one is currently trying to kill me. I may have people who dislike me, but I don’t think I have any enemies.

This morning God showed me that I do. My enemies are not people; they are fear and worry, doubt and discouragement. They are the mind games that Satan plays with me to keep me from being all that God wants me to be.

Ephesians 6:2 says:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.


Satan loves for us to forget this, but God’s word tells us that this is what we are fighting against. If you are feeling unsettled today or worried or depressed, OPEN the Bible. The best way to combat the lies of Satan is with the truth of God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment