Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, September 27, 2010

Strength Within

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Good morning Zebras,

Ever since I saw the x-ray of my hip I have been wondering why I can walk around without the aid of a walker or a cane. I see other people walking with great difficulty and I think “That should be me.” And sometimes it is but most of the time I get around just fine.

In fact I was beginning to wonder if maybe the x-ray was wrong. Perhaps they accidentally got my x-ray confused with someone else’s who really does have a bad hip. And although my hip may be “bad” it isn’t that bad and I could postpone the surgery.

That was foolish.

The only reason that I am walking around like I am is because of God. It is His strength that is enabling me to do everything I do and yesterday He reminded me of that fact because He took it away.

Often times we want to give God our “strengths”, the things we do well. And that is good. He gave us those gifts and there is no better use for them but to give them back.

But if you really want to see the power of God I encourage you to give Him your weaknesses too.. Because when you do you really get to see the power of God at work.



Like Paul wrote to the Corinthians: Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

So go be strong today little Zebras, not in your strength but in the strength that comes from your faith in Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment