Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Running On Empty

Luke 10: 38-40

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

Good morning Zebras,

I woke up this morning feeling out of sorts, a little grumpy and slightly depressed. It is one of those mornings where I would rather just stay in bed and pull the covers back up over my head. I have nothing left to give to anyone.

Basically I am running on empty.

Yesterday I had a lot of tasks to do. Ministry work that needed to get done but I skipped my quiet time to do it. Even though I spent the whole day doing “Godly stuff” it wasn’t the same as spending time with God. And this morning I’m feeling it.

My tank is dry and I need God to refill it.

I used to go days without opening my Bible, I think I used to live on empty but I didn’t know it because it felt “normal.” But it’s not, at least not for God’s people. God’s people have a never ending power supply.

One of my favorite verses, one that I recite to myself often is Isaiah 40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Don’t you love it!

Even those young men who seem like they can run for miles and lift small cars without even breaking a sweat get tired and weary. But me, a 52 year old housewife, whose “best years” may be behind her, can SOAR and RUN if my hope is in the LORD.

A woman's tendency is to "do"-but we need to remember we have to stop and sit.

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment