Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Faith

Hebrews 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Good morning Zebras,

I keep going back and forth about my hip surgery. Even though I am positive that this is what God wants me to do, I have doubts mostly because of what someone said.

A very knowledgeable woman told me that I am rather young to have a full hip replacement and I might want to wait until I am older. Hip replacements only last about ten years, she said, and the subsequent surgeries are never as successful as the first. I’m thinking at fifty-three I could be facing multiple hip replacements if that is true and maybe end up unable to walk.

Of course God keeps reassuring through circumstances and lots of other believers that this is what I need to do. The question becomes who do I listen to?

It would be so much clearer if it was written in the Bible. But of course it isn’t. There is no verse that says: “Jill will have hip replacement on Nov 4th 2010.”

But I guess that is where faith comes in.

Hebrews 11 is often referred to as the “faith chapter” of the Bible. And if you have ever read it you know it is filled with people who had faith in God and did what He asked.

Now whether or not to have surgery is certainly not in the same category as being thrown into the lion’s den. I think the principle is the same. You have to do what you believe God is asking you to do and trust He will watch over you and protect you and close the door if you are going the wrong way.

You can’t let the off-handed comment of one person discourage you.

Steven Curtis Chapman has a great song “Dive” that I am sure many of you know. I guess it could be a song about salvation, but to me it is just about trusting God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment