Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 1, 2010

For Our Good

Romans 8:27-28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday I was working on my Awana order. I had almost finished when the website crashed. I tried logging off and logging back on-no luck the website was down. So I grabbed the phone to call in my order but there was no answer. Too many people had the same idea.

At that moment I had a choice, I could get upset or I could do something else. I decided to do something else and on the advice of my husband I went to the gym.

When I went to get my car keys, I found a piece of paper Nick needed at school. Since the high school is on the way to the gym, I could easily drop it off.

As I was driving, I started thinking about how God works everything to our good. Not just the “BIG” things, but the “little” things as well. A crashed computer gave me the chance to obey my husband, practice my patience, and support my son. All things that are more important to God than an Awana order.

I think part of learning to have a joyful life is learning to look at everything through God’s eyes. Our goal might be to have a problem-free life, God’s goal is to transform us into the image of His Son and use us to save others. The two don’t usually go together.

The following quote, sent to me by a Zebra sister, is from Rick Warren, the author of A Purpose Driven Life: whose wife is battling cancer: Life is a series of problems: Either you are in one now, you're just coming out of one, or you're getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy. We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ likeness.

It is how we handle the problems and challenges of life that make us who we are.

Nothing happens to us that God does not allow, and everything that happens can be used for His glory. But the last part is up to you.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment