Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Great News!

Revelation 4:1-2

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Good morning Zebras,

I know God is laughing at me.

For fourteen years I have avoided the book of Revelation. There was no way I wanted to read that “dark and scary” book. But God had other plans and I am so glad He did.

During the summer we did the first part of Revelation: Chapters 1-3 and now we are studying Chapters 4-22 and it has been one of the most encouraging studies I have done in a long time.

First there was Revelation 3 where God tells the faithful church at Philadelphia He has put before them an open door no man can shut. What an encouragement! If you are faithfully doing what God has called you to do, no man will be able to stop you, because God has gone before you and cleared the way.

And then last night we had this beautiful picture of heaven with God in control and on the throne. The video tape was excellent; Wayne Barber was so excited about God being on the throne it was impossible not to get excited with him. He said “If you can catch of glimpse of God on the throne you will never worry about anything again.”

So true.

Really understanding God is in control and this life is just a wisp frees you up from worrying about a WHOLE bunch of things that do not really matter.

The Bible says God knows what we need and He will give it to us. In Matthew 6 Jesus tells the disciples: So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

None of us know what tomorrow will bring. But God does and even if the very worst thing you could possibly imagine happens, God is STILL in control.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment