Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Quite Right...

1 Corinthians 12:14-16

Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

Good morning Zebras,

On Tuesday I wrote a z-mail about watching what you say. I knew it sounded a little harsh but I had my husband and another Zebra read it and they both said it was fine. I knew it was what I was supposed to write about, so I sent it, but I still had a nagging feeling that it wasn’t quite right.

When I went to check the “watering hole” on Facebook to see if any Zebras had responded, I saw that God had prompted Laura, a Zebra I’ve never met, to soften the edges. Her response was perfect. I copied it and sent it out to the women of my church who do use Facebook, so they could have the additional insight.

The only concern I had left was the blog. I thought about posting Laura’s comment but it seemed like a lot of work, so I said a quick prayer and trusted God to take care of it.

Yesterday, I found out that I forgot to post the blog on Tuesday. I wrote it, I saved it, but I never pushed the publish button. Maybe my z-mail without Laura’s response would have been too harsh for some people and I think God intervened.

I could have done nothing Wednesday, I could have said “This just doesn’t seem right. I know it is a little off. I don’t think I’ll send it.”

But if I had given in to those thoughts, I would’ve missed a great reminder from God: “It’s not about you.”

God doesn’t ask that we be perfect, He only asks that we be willing to try. He has given all of us different abilities, personalities and talents. No one is an island, no one is always “right” and everyone is important to the Body.

It is easy to say “I’m not good enough, I think I’ll quit.” It is much harder to know you are not “good enough” and try anyway.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment