Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 8, 2010

Good News!

Romans 6:11-13

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.

Good morning Zebras,

I woke up this morning in a bad mood.

The moodles had eaten some “unguarded” chocolate last night while we were at Awana and even though we called the vet and they said it would be fine, I didn’t sleep well because I was worried about them. Plus I had been doing geometry, my least favorite subject in math, with Nick before I went to bed and when I was wasn’t awake worrying about the moodles, I was having math nightmares. Then, even though I didn’t sleep well, I didn’t get up during the night and take anything for the pain in my hip so when I woke up this morning it was on fire.

When the alarm went off, I got up and limped my way downstairs in a really FOUL mood.

I knew I was irritated so I tried not to say too much because I know James 1:20 for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires and Ephesians 4:26a In your anger do not sin, but the mountain of laundry that needed to be done BEFORE I left at 11:30 and the sink piled with dirty dishes didn’t really help the situation.

As soon as I could I fled to the Bible.

No sooner had my bottom hit the chair before today’s’ verse came to mind. Do not let sin reign in your mortal body and I thought that is just what this feels like. It feels like every cell of my body is irritable and riddled with sin. And I needed it to stop.

So I looked the passage up. Basically what Paul is saying is because we are in Christ Jesus we have a choice. We can resist sin IF we want to. We do not have to obey its evil desires even if it feels that way because we are dead to sin and alive in Christ.

And that is the REALLY good news of the gospel!!!

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment