Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fear NOT!!!

Psalm 34:7-9

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Good morning Zebras,

Anyone who does not study the Old Testament is robbing themselves of some amazing truths. It is where we see the power, holiness and majesty of God, but it is also where we see His grace.

Over and over again God told His people “do not be afraid.” He knew facing the enemy was frightening but He wanted to reassure them He was with them and He would take care of them.

But often they didn’t listen.

In this week’s BSF lesson Ahaz, the king of Judah is told not to be afraid of the advancing armies and to “ask the LORD your God for a sign” and trust Him. But he didn’t. Even after the LORD said “It will not take place, it will not happen” he did not believe and chose instead to place his trust in men and made a treaty with the enemy.

How stupid we think …but really, are we any different?

If we were faced with an advancing army how many of us would have the faith to stand and wait for the deliverance of the Lord, without trying to help Him out just a little?

Not me, at least not usually.

But I think that’s what God is trying to teach me. He keeps painting me into a corner and watching to see if I will wait for Him to rescue me. Do I believe He loves me and will do what is best for me or is it all just talk?

Paul wrote, in his last letter to Timothy, the following words which clarify for me his ability to stand up for the gospel, to suffer any hardship, punishment or shame, and to go beyond what seems humanly possible for his faith: I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.

Do I know God that well? I’m not sure, but I know I want to. So I pray boldly like Moses when he requested to see the glory of God: Dear Lord, if you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you (more) and continue to find favor with you

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Our sermon this morning was on "What To Do While Waiting on God," and focused on our impatience. He shared some rich scripture from the OT like this from Habakkuk 2:3 "For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."

    ReplyDelete