Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Work

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Good morning Zebras,

Last week I had a ton to do, I’m sure many of you can relate, so on Monday I wrote a list of all the tasks that needed to be done. It was a pretty long list and I wasn’t sure they would all get finished in time but I left that up to God.

God promises us that He will equip us to do what He has asked us to do. And I have found that to be true. Where I get into trouble is when I am trying to do something that God has not asked me to do.

If I am doing something simply to please men, or worse to please myself, it doesn’t seem to go as smoothly.

On Sunday I ran into a friend who has been praying about returning to Awana as a leader. She loves Awana and she really wants to serve but God seems to be throwing road blocks in her way.

Why would He do that? I mean Awana is a great ministry. It reaches kids for Christ, it changes people’s lives. It is a work of eternal value

But that doesn’t mean it is hers to do.

As women we need to be careful that we are listening to God. We need to do what He has asked, no more and no less. Sometimes that is tough. We see a need and we rush into help. That is wrong. Or we feel overwhelmed and refuse to do what God is asking of us. That is wrong too. One is pride and one is fear.

Both are sins.

Everyone should do something, no one should do everything. Remember that and encourage others to do the same.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment