Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting for Answers

James 4:2b-3

You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Good morning Zebras,

I’m sorry that this is so late today but I was just finishing up when my husband called to tell me he was on the way home with a coffee and a scone so I took a break and had breakfast with him.

While we are sitting at the table the “moodles” (mutt dogs of unknown origin) wandered over to see what we were eating. Joshua, who normally stays around until we are finished, decided to wander away but Abigail, his sister, remained faithful to the task.

As I was eating my scone a small piece broke off, bounced off my plate, and rolled across the table to land directly at Abigail’s feet. Of course she was pleased and gobbled it right up and I thought “Ask and ye shall receive.”

Now Abigail is just a dog and she wasn’t really sitting there praying a crumb would drop from the table, but it was a good reminder for me. Jesus promised three times in the book of John that if we ask for something in His name, for God’s glory, He will give it to us.

John 14:13
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

John 16:23
In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Of course, the key here is the motivation behind the request. James tells us very clearly in today’s verse that the motive for asking is what is really important.

If you are waiting for God’s answer on something you believe is the will of God-WAIT! Don’t get impatient, don’t give up and walk away, and don’t try to figure it out yourself-just wait. And He will drop the answer at your feet just like He did for Abigail.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment