Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Magical Table

John 14:1-4

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Good morning Zebras,

Abigail and Joshua, my two little “moodle” dogs are less then twelve inches tall. Even standing on their back legs they aren’t tall enough to see much of the world. But they sure want to. Especially what is on the kitchen table.

Unfortunately, I have trained my little dogs to be beggars. When I sit down to eat my cereal in the morning they know they are going to get a flake or two, and there is a good possibility of getting a piece of turkey or chicken at lunch. So every time I sit down at the table they get very excited.

The other night we sat down to play Scrabble and the dogs came running. Hopefully, they looked up at the table expecting it to provide them with some tasty little treat. But of course it didn’t because there wasn’t anything edible to give them.

When I reached down to pick Joshua up to show him there was nothing available to eat, I could feel his little heart pounding with excitement. The table had become a magical wonderful place full of blessings and treats and he couldn’t wait to see it.

Of course he was disappointed. There was nothing on the table but a Scrabble board and a lot of little letters.

Thank goodness that won’t happen to us.

When God finally lifts us up to heaven we are not going to be disappointed. We are going to be amazed. We will understand that every sacrifice we ever made for Christ was worth it. In fact I think we may wish we had done more.

Now I do not presume to understand everything the Bible teaches about heaven and eternal rewards. In fact I have as many questions as I have answers. But I do believe the Bible and it says that there will be treasures.

Matthew 6:19-20
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment