Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bad Breath

2 Timothy 2:19-21

Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his,” and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

Good morning little Zebras,

The breeze has returned, the weather is cooler and I feel like I have my life back. I know some of you probably love the heat, but I don’t. It has never agreed with me and it probably never will, I’m just not built that way. In fact it makes me grouchy and mean.

Just like sin.

God did not make me to live in heat. Nor did He make me to live in sin.

Our herd is pondering the holiness of God this month and it has been amazing. The truths revealed in Scripture about His holiness are transforming. I have been challenged to take more seriously the sin in my own life, not only because it is a bad witness for Christ, but because it may prevent God from using me to the extent I would like.

This morning I woke up to Joshua licking my nose. Now Joshua has REALLY bad breath so I usually keep him away from my face. But his morning he snuck in a lick or two while I was still asleep. And for some reason his breath didn’t stink, so I let him stay.

And God said, “See, this is the point I am trying to make. You love Joshua; you want him near you but that stinky breath of his gets in the way. Just like us. I love you and I want you near Me but that sin you keep holding onto gets in the way.”

Ouch!

Our sin is repulsive to God, He cannot be near it. That’s why He sent Jesus. And that’s why we have to take the sin in our life seriously.

1 Peter 1:15-17
But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment