Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Submit

Titus 3:1-2
Godly Living
Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men

Good morning Zebras.

I have an independent spirit at least that is what I like to call it. Of course when I see the same spirit in my kids I call it “sin.”

Yesterday God called mine sin too.

I could give you a lot of examples about how I do exactly what I want to do no matter what anyone says, from still driving while talking on a cell phone (which is illegal in the state of California) to wheedling others, including my husband, to my point of view.

But last Monday I went over the line and God had to deal with it. I argued with a Pastor.

Now I know that many people have come to think of Pastors as mere men, basically just guys doing a job. Sure they have more Biblical knowledge then we do but that doesn’t necessarily make them right does it?

What makes them “right” is not the amount of Biblical knowledge they have but the fact they have been given by GOD the task of leading that particular church. And we would do well to remember it.

Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

To all the Pastors and Elders I have argued with or corrected please forgive me. I am sorry that I made your job a burden and not a joy by questioning your leadership of the church that God gave you to lead.

Submission is not a popular idea in our culture, but let me tell you, it still is with God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment