Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, August 6, 2010

Bad Hip

1Thessalonians 5:16-22

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

Good morning Zebras.

Yesterday I had a weird paradigm shift.

I have always had a hip problem because I was hit by a car as a child, but lately it has gotten worse. The pain has really begun to restrict my movements. Things like putting on socks and tying shoes have become very difficult. Taking both Tylenol and Motrin seems to help.

Yesterday I woke up, took my medicine and decided to go for a walk. I didn't get very far before I started freaking out. Since I have now seen the x-ray of my leg I know what is going on inside and I started getting concerned that walking three miles up and down hills might not be a good idea. For all I knew my body was screaming "STOP! STOP!, but I couldn't hear it because I had taken something to suppress its natural warning system.

So I turned around and went home.

God has given us the Holy Spirit as an internal warning device. He is supposed to teach and correct us and guide us into all truth, But just like the Motrin dulled the pain I think our disinterest, disobedience and sin dulls the Holy Spirit.

It's not that He is not talking, it is just that we can't hear.

This morning I decided not to take any pain medication because I wanted to hear what my body was saying. And it hurts, but every time it does I think: "Dear Lord make me as aware of Your presence in my life as I am of this pain. Let Your Spirit correct and guide me, limiting my activities and preventing me from doing anything that would dishonor You or cause me harm."

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment