Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Use of Time

Ephesians 5:15-17


Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Good morning Zebras,

Saturday our youth group went to the beach. They go every year and it is a fun tradition. Gary, my husband, and I take turns being drivers and this year it was his turn. Unfortunately on Wednesday he came down with a cold and it didn’t look like he was going to be able to go. Because I didn’t want to go by myself again we decided we would both go and share the load.

Saturday morning I woke up and I really didn’t want to go. It was going to be cold at the beach, 68 degrees, and sitting there freezing just didn’t appeal to me. Plus I had a lot of things I needed to do.

I shared my thoughts with Gary and he graciously offered to let me stay home. But he said “If I am going to go alone, you need to make sure that you make good use of your time and not nap all day with the moodles.”

I immediately thought ‘Christ said the same thing.”

Jesus Christ came and gave us the gift of life. He gave us everything we need for life and godliness, setting us free from the penalty and power of sin and He expects us to do something with it.

He expects His sacrifice to change our lives.

He expects us to seek FIRST His kingdom and His righteous, to love Him more than we love anything else, and to count everything a loss compared to knowing Christ Jesus.

He expects us to be different.

The problem comes in when others don’t agree, especially other Christians. And that is why we have Zebras, to reassure you that you are not alone and that there are other women who feel the same way.

So go, be different, love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul, dance for joy if you want to, sing if you can. Love your neighbor as yourself, turn the other cheek, die to self, and feel free not to worry. And tell others the “Good News.” Because that is God’s will for us in Christ Jesus.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment