Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Obedience First

Matthew 21:28-31

"What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'
”I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
"Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.
"Which of the two did what his father wanted?"

Good morning Zebras,

Joshie-moodle, my little dog of unknown origins likes to sleep on my bed. He is supposed to sleep on Nick’s bed. But since I go to bed earlier than my fifteen year old son, Joshua starts out on my bed and then relocates.

Every night, when Nick is ready to go to bed, he will come into my room to get Joshua. And every night Joshua will jump down off the bed and follow him growling the entire way. He obeys, but he wants everyone to know he is not happy about it.

It always reminds me of the parable of the two sons, the source of today’s verses.

When Jesus asked the religious leaders, “Which of the two did what his father wanted?” The answer was obvious, just like Joshua, it is the one who went.

I have found that I obey God REALLY well when it is something that I enjoy doing. Not as well when it is something I don’t like to do. But saying I am going to obey God and then not doing it, is really just disobedience in disguise.

And that’s sin.

This morning I asked God to change my heart, to make me want to do the things that please Him. And He may be gracious and do that. But whether He does or not, I still need to obey and do what He has asked.

Because I know it is important to God and the pathway to blessings.

Genesis 4:6-7

Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment