Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, August 30, 2010

Learning From the Hip

2Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Good morning Zebras,

A few weeks ago I shared with you that I was having trouble with my hip. I was hit by a car when I was thirteen and the joint has finally deteriorated to the point that it probably needs to be replaced. But like everything God is using it to teach me things.

First, like I already shared, He is using it to remind me that He is always with me. When and if the pain ever goes away I may tie a string around my wrist so that I will never forget again.

Second, sometimes we think they can “sin and get away with it.’ But we can’t. Not really. Sin has consequences and we usually don’t even know what they will be. Forty years ago when I got hit by that car I had no idea that someday I would be facing surgery because of it. If I had I would have tried harder to avoid being hit.

Maybe the same is true about sins. Maybe if God showed us the consequences of our sins we would try harder to avoid them. Adam sinned and God forgave him but He still threw him out of the garden. I don’t think Adam had planned on that.

Third, I have a limited time to get done what I need to get done. My leg is good for a few hours and then it gives out. I can’t afford to waste the “good time” doing things that don’t need to get done.

The same is true of my life. I have only so many years to live and I really can’t afford to waste any more of them doing things that really don’t need to get done, things that have no eternal value.

And finally, I have thought a lot about my weakness and God’s strength.

If you, like me, sometimes feel you are at the end of your strength, remember God’s strength is just beginning.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment