Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, August 16, 2010

Waiting on God

Matthew 6: 33-34

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Good morning Zebras,

God gave me the idea for Zebras in July 2008. We started the herd at New Harbor in November of the same year and I began writing "z-mails" to the women at my church to encourage them shortly thereafter. Encouraging Zebras became my passion and I started sending the z-mails to others who requested to be on the list including friends and women I had met through Awana.

Eventually I felt God was leading me to quit working and focus on encouraging His women full time. So I began to pray and wait for God's answer. Today's z-mail was written during that time.


Good morning little Zebras,

I was up this morning doing my quiet time, preparing for this week’s Zebra meeting and pondering the wonderful truths from our Bible study last night, and I felt the need to write you.

Most of you know that I have two little “slipper” dogs, one black and one white, that I call my zebra dogs. I’m sure that God gave me these dogs, because I learn so many lessons from watching them.

This morning I was fixing Nick’s sandwich like I do every morning and the "moodles" (our nick name for the dogs) were sitting at my feet waiting for a handout. When I looked at them they just looked so cute. Their whole little bodies were wiggling with anticipation and their cute little eyes were trained on my every move. They were sure that they were going to get a piece of ham, which of course they got.

They were so cute they just made me smile, and I told them “you two are so hopeful.” Of course that is when God spoke to me.

"Jill," He said, "this is how I want you to be too-hopeful. Your dogs have more faith in you than you have in Me."

Many of us have concerns that we have given to God and we are sitting around waiting for an answer. I think our challenge is to wait with joy and hope knowing that God will answer and His answer will be perfect.

Like the moodles we should be waiting with joy, wiggling our butts in anticipation of the great things that God has in store for us, for God promised:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

And I am pretty sure that His plans are way better than a piece of ham!

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment