Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Changes

Act 26:19

"So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven.”

Good morning ladies,

Those of you who only read this on the internet are probably not aware that about two weeks ago my computer crashed. According to the young man who tried to fix it my hard drive “fractured.”

Because of that I lost all my files including everyone’s e-mail address so I have not been able to send out my morning z-mail to my friends and the ladies from my church.

I post on the blog by using my daughter’s computer while she is at school. And although not everyone is happy with the change, I think this is the way God wants it.

Only one time in my life have I felt the need to fall flat on my face during prayer and that was when God called me into women’s ministry. My original prayer was for the women at my church, but God said that vision was too small. Then I prayed for the woman at a neighboring church and again He said it was too small. It wasn’t until I prayed for all of God’s women that I felt Him say “Now you’ve got it.”

I know what it is like to be an odd ball for Christ, to be consumed with the desire to know Him. To watch things that used to matter fade away in light of knowing Him and wonder if you are losing your mind. And I know it can be lonely.

That’s why God had me start Zebras. He wanted all of you who have the same desire to know Him to know that you are not alone and you are not crazy. God wants us to know Him, love Him and serve Him and He wants that to be the driving force of our life.

He wants us to get past ourselves and start looking at Him and He wants us to learn to get along. He wants us to support each other, encourage each other and He wants us to grow in our faith.

To quote Tozer: “Are you contented with the nominal Christianity? If you are, I’ve nothing for you. Are you contented with popular Christianity that runs on the authority and popularity of big shots? If you are, I’ve got nothing for you. Are you content with elementary Christianity? If you are, all I’ve got for you is to exhort you earnestly to press on toward perfection. But if you’re not satisfied with nominal Christianity, with popular Christianity and the first beginnings of things and you want to know the Triune God for yourself, read on.”

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment