Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For the Man Who Has Everything

Psalm 147: 1, 7, 10-11

Praise the LORD! How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!...Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp… His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Good morning ladies,

It is ridiculous how much joy I get from my moodles.

I mean they don’t do anything, they’re dogs. They don’t cook or clean, or make money. All they do is sit around and adore me.

But that is enough.

This morning Gary and I were talking about them over breakfast. And I wondered aloud if God gets this much joy when we adore Him.

Does God need joy? I wasn’t really sure,

Later, during my quiet time God led me to Psalm 147.

The theme according to my Bible is: What gives God joy? God created everything, his greatest joy comes from our genuine worship and trust.

Isn’t that cool?

We have the ability to bring God joy!

I love it!

Dear Heavenly Father, let me be like my moodles. Let my life bring you joy. Let me remember to: always be excited to see you in the morning, dance with joy in your presence, never be satisfied unless I am as close to you as possible, trust You completely in all situations and wiggle with gratitude at all the blessings you bestow. Amen.

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. On Mother's day my kids praised me and told me what a wonderful mom I was. It filled my heart with such joy because I love them so much. I think in the same way God as our heavenly Father delights in our gratitude and recognition of Him!

    ReplyDelete