Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, May 3, 2010

Blessings of Fear

Proverbs 16:6

Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

Good morning ladies,

This month my goal is to understand the Fear of the Lord, the righteous fear that God demands of His people.

I think we spend so much time in the New Testament looking at the love of God that we forget that He has other aspects to His personality. And I think just like we don’t really understand the love of God, we don’t understand the fear either.

Reverential fear is defined as: The fear of God as a controlling motive of life, not a mere “fear” of His power and righteous retribution, but a wholesome dread of displeasing Him.

Do you fear displeasing God?

Today I want you to discover for yourself what blessings God has is store for those who fear Him. I could tell you, but I think it will mean more if He does

Look up the following scriptures and then ponder do you REALLY fear the Lord? I know I don’t, not like I should, but I want to learn.

Psalm 25:12,
Psalm 31:19-20
Psalm 33:18-19
Psalm 34:7, 9
Psalm 85:8
Psalm 103:11, 13, 17
Psalm 111:5
Psalm 112:1
Psalm 115:11, 13
Psalm 128:1
Psalm 145:18-19
Proverbs 22:4
Luke 1:50
Acts 10:34-35

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jill
    I too am motivated to learn of the holy fear of the Lord. There is alot of confusion of the reverence fear of the Lord. I minister to prisoners in jail to walk in the fear of the Lord so they will hate evil. Join me in "facebook" and be an admin member in this special group.
    Michael Donnelly

    ReplyDelete