Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicken or Death?

Matthew 7:11

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Luke 11:13

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Good morning ladies,

The other day I ran out of dog food. Of course I didn’t tell the moodles but I didn’t want to drive down to the store and get more. But because I know they are counting on me I found them something to eat.

I grilled them a chicken breast.

Their faith in me got them something better than dog food.

Contrast that with the Israelites in the desert.

After the spies had returned from Promised Land and Israel decided they were too afraid to go in they started worrying. They decided that God had brought them out into the wilderness to die.

The thing that I found challenging was that when God did bring punishment on Israel for their unbelief He gave them exactly what they had worried about.

Numbers 14:26-29a The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: 27 "How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites. So tell them, 'As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very things I heard you say: In this desert your bodies will fall...

Worry is unbelief. We can call it a lot of different things but that’s what it is. And God does not reward unbelief. He rewards faith.

The moodles had faith, they got chicken. They Israelites had unbelief, they got death.

Even if you are a vegetarian I think you will agree the first one is better.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment