Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

POP

Matthew 14:22-29

When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said.

Good morning ladies,

I keep thinking about Peter walking on water.

Peter, who was known for impulsive decisions actually asked before he stepped out of the boat. For Peter that showed a lot of restraint.

Peter walked on water because he believed he could do the impossible IF Jesus told him to.

And then he sank because he lost focus and didn’t persevere.

Recently God has been telling me that this is the key to a successful Christian life: patience, obedience, and perseverance.

Be patient and wait upon the Lord. Don’t barge ahead without Him and if you are in doubt pray for wisdom and direction. Listen for His answer. Meanwhile, obey what you already know and learn more. Then persevere, one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time, week after week, year after year.

POP

I still remember the first time I heard the Casting Crown’s song Voice of Truth. I felt like it was written to me. It literally changed my life.

I didn’t know it but I was so tired of sitting in the boat, of having a weak faith that didn’t seem to do anything. I didn’t have peace, I didn’t have joy, I didn’t have anything except for salvation and a whole lot of work and I was sick and tired of it.

I really wanted to walk on water and that song told me how.

Quit listening to the waves and start listening to and believing God

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment